The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), was created by and for members and operates as a member-owned 501(c)(6), not-for-profit entity. FS-ISAC serves as a bi-directional information and intelligence organization leading the financial services sector efforts to protect against and mitigate as needed cyber and physical threats and incidents against financial firms.
Cyber Security Analysts are responsible for the receipt, enrichment and publication of threat alerts and incident advisories, along with security recommendations and mitigation advise to support members’ Security Operations Centers. They work with Intelligence Analysts who deliver insight for a greater understanding of the significant tools, methods and actors currently targeting the sector. This is a diverse, global team in a fast-paced environment. This position will serve as a Cyber Security Analyst based in the Singapore office in a follow-the-sun team.
- Triage and distribute operational and tactical data on information provided by FS-ISAC Members in accordance with FS-ISAC classification and handling protocols.
- Provide formal analysis on the validity of reports, intelligence intake, and Indicators of Compromise (IOCS).
- Create and/or recommend security mitigations, such as YARA and Snort rules, for members at large.
- Create trending reports on data provided by FS-ISAC members on cyber threats and vulnerabilities within regional financial sectors.
- Provide operational support during a cyber incident pertaining to FS-ISAC members.
- Assist FS-ISAC’s Intelligence Officers and Intelligence Analysts with intelligence collection, validation, and distribution efforts.
- Support security discussions and presentations.
- Analytical Skills – Has Tier 1 and Tier 2 SOC experience to respond to events, conduct verification and data enrichment activities, and identify potential linkages to other events. Ability to examine netflow traffic, packet analysis and basic cyber intelligence skills for investigations are desirable skills.
- Communication Skills – Has effective written communications skills to compose technical advisories in a timely manner for different audiences and purposes. Can conduct concise verbal briefings on analytical findings. Can work effectively with the intelligence analysts for escalations, incidents, and collaborative work.
- Critical Thinking Skills – Is able to approach information and data in an objective and rational manner, understand bias and possible relationships of importance, and apply methods of examination to construct a clear and informed judgement.
- Organizational Skills – Possesses strong time management skills to work multiple processes at the same time and to a high degree of quality. Should be able to prioritize the required work and self-discipline on when to continue to a different task.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Cycle – be able to work with the intelligence analysts to escalate events or incidents that match against FS-ISAC Priority Intelligence Requirements, identify where investigative findings can lead to proactive hunting or monitoring and deeper analysis, and work in harmony with the intelligence analysis function.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years as a cyber security analyst minimum.
- Knowledge of or work experience in cyber security technology, techniques, and practices - intrusion monitoring, vulnerability analysis, web application security, incident response, malware analysis, threat research, or intelligence analysis.
- Familiarity with the financial or merchant services community security issues and practices.
- Knowledge of the tools, techniques and procedures used by hackers, including cybercriminals and state-sponsored groups.
- Previous experience in cyber security operations that utilized cyber threat intelligence data desired.
- Programming skills, including ability to script in Python desired.
The position requires a professional work environment and candidate must be able to meet the physical demands associated with the professional environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FS-ISAC has reviewed this position description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
All employees must be authorized to work in Singapore. FS-ISAC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FS-ISAC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.