The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), was created by and for members and operates as a member-owned 501(c)(6), not-for-profit entity. FS-ISAC serves as a bi-directional information and intelligence organization leading the financial services sector efforts to protect against and mitigate as needed cyber and physical threats and incidents against financial firms.
The AWS Cloud Engineer is a hands-on engineering and implementation role leveraging AWS. The AWS Cloud Engineer provides cloud solutions support, secure solution design, and implementation with an emphasis on leveraging AWS services and best practices. The AWS Cloud Engineer will support an active project building a cloud environment to support customer facing products.
- Design and implement system solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Establish AWS resource requirements define and implement security using AWS infrastructure, security policies, and services, establish the health and status monitoring solution using AWS services (e.g., CloudWatch).
- Migrate existing functionality to the new cloud solution based on user stories, functional requirements, operational requirements and organizational objectives.
- Implement and apply security templates and policies to comply with Fedramp security requirements.
- Maintain operational and security updates; perform configuration updates and enhancements
- Implement automation scripts for health and status monitoring, diagnostics, and normal maintenance activities. Diagnose and fix system performance and reliability issues.
- As part of the technical team, liaison with business stakeholders and technologists to understand integration requirements with external systems, networks, and organizations.
- Design, support and implement solutions in AWS to meet product needs and organizational requirements.
- Hands on build and deployment of all AWS infrastructure to include Account Configuration, VPCs, AMI, Storage, Load balancing, security groups, etc.
- Design, deploy, operate and maintain tools and capabilities in enterprise AWS in support of day to day operations
- Design, configure and maintain AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to AMIs, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, etc
- Support cloud-based development and deployment.
- Configure VPCs.
- High level of proficiency and hands on experience with Cloud Scripting and Automation required
- Experience in automation, continuous integration (Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet) required
- Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux system administration and network administration concepts.
- Automation experience with industry standard automation services.
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment.
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private Clouds.
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies a plus.
- Knowldege of Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as part of a lean team
- Demonstrated teamwork and dependability.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing cloud architectures using AWS resources and services required (EC2, S3, Glacier, CloudFormation, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in system deployment and operations required
- BS in Computer Science or a related field desired
- Security+, CASP, CISSP, or other IT Security certification a plus
This position is located in Reston, VA. Regardless of work location, the position requires a professional work environment and candidate must be able to meet the physical demands associated with the professional environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FS-ISAC has reviewed this position description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.