The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), was created by and for members and operates as a member-owned 501(c)(6), not-for-profit entity. FS-ISAC serves as a bi-directional information and intelligence organization leading the financial services sector efforts to protect against and mitigate as needed cyber and physical threats and incidents against financial firms.
This position will serve as the Intelligence Analyst (IA) for the geographic region covering Asia-Pacific.
- Provide real-time information to members on threats to the sector and incident reporting, in accordance with FS-ISAC classification and handling protocols.
- Conduct technical research and analysis for written products in coordination with the firm’s intelligence strategy.
- Conduct multiple-source intelligence analysis on current and emerging threats using advanced research methods and analytical techniques for finished intelligence products in coordination with the firm’s intelligence strategy.
- Support regional threat discussions with members.
- Support in-person member meetings as needed (potential overseas travel 2-4 times per year).
- Participate in continuous information security skills development/training.
- Intelligence Skills – Has experience with the most aspects of the intelligence cycle, including identifying key collection sources, evaluating raw intelligence,conducting research, performing link analysis and preparing finished intelligence for different levels of stakeholders.
- Communication Skills – Has effective oral and written communications skills with the ability to compose finished intelligence reports and briefings in a timely, concise and accurate manner in accordance with intelligence analysis skills.
- Critical Thinking Skills – Is able to approach information and data in an objective and rational manner, understand bias and possible relationships of importance, and apply methods of examination to construct a clear and informed judgement.
- Organizational Skills – Possesses strong time management skills to work multiple products at the same time and to a high degree of quality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, 8-10 years of experience in in cyber security analysis or incident response.
- Broad knowledge/experience in cyber security technology, techniques and practices - intrusion monitoring, vulnerability analysis, web application security, incident response, malware analysis, threat research, or intelligence analysis.
- Working knowledge of the financial or merchant services community, including missions, strengths and weaknesses.
- Familiarity with Global cyber security programs and supporting organizations, including law enforcement agencies and associations.
- Advanced understand of the methods used by cyber-criminals and state sponsored organizations to hide themselves on the Internet, how cyber-criminals conduct online business and what are the various market places and forums they operate within.
- No security clearance required for APAC position.
- Master’s degree or higher-level education in intelligence and/or cybersecurity desired.
- Previous experience conducting static, dynamic and reverse engineering malware analysis desired.
- One or more of relevant certifications: Security+, Network+, CCNA, CISSP, and CEH desired.
- Significant previous experience working with law enforcement and intelligence communities desired.
- Understanding of the “dark web” and underground cybercrime ecosystems and possess knowledge of navigating through cryptocurrency exchanges desired.
Please note: this position is for local applicants only. Relocation will not be sponsored by FS-ISAC.