Financial Data Exchange (FDX) is a non-profit financial industry organization dedicated to promoting and enhancing a common interoperable standard for securely sharing consumer financial data. Open to financial institutions, fintech companies, consumer advocacy groups, and other industry participants, FDX puts consumers in control of their personal financial data and facilitates the development, growth and industry-wide adoption of the FDX API’s operating framework. FDX is a subsidiary of FS-ISAC.
The incumbent is both a technical and business resource to support the Canada Working Group (WG) and related WG Task Forces. This role is a direct report to the Managing Director. This role is based in Toronto and will be a non-FTE contractor paid in $USD.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings (both virtual and in-person) of the WG and its members.
- Liaison to the FDX staff keeping the WG stakeholders apprised via recurring updates.
- Work directly with Managing Director to support their efforts and FDX and works in close coordination with other organization committees and working groups.
- Represent FDX as-needed in Canada, speaking to press, regulators, prospective members and at events.
- Key deliverables are artifacts that capture, define, and describe uniquenesses and necessary localizations for the Canadian market. These will result in Requests For Change (RFC) for FDX specifications and other WG-specific items. They will assist and coordinate the creation of same, including supporting materials and artifacts for FDX members.
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills needed to develop a project plan for meeting timelines assigned
- An understanding of and ability to communicate technical concepts and challenges across wide-ranging audiences
- Knowledge of financial services and fintech market trends and developments
- Ability to network with and develop strong relationships with senior level executives of member firms
- The ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Strong accountability and time management skills as a self-starter
- A proven ability to learn new technologies, software, and concepts quickly
- Innate curiosity and a continuous learning mindset.
- Strong project management and measurement skills
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with financial services regulation in Canada
- Familiarity with financial services technology (Digital Banking or Fin-tech)
- Familiarity with basic digital security concepts / frameworks such as NIST, OAuth, OpenID, FIDO,
- Familiarity with IETF and ISO documentation flows
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Law or Computer Science or related field of study